Prefab homes, which is a short phrase for prefabricated homes, are also known as modular homes that are usually built in a closed setting like a factory. When the final product is ready and completely finished, they are protected with a strong covering and then transported to its actual location where they are all assembled to build a final shape of a house. Many of you might have thought that it is more like a mobile home, but it is not. Prefab homes are built off-site unlike regular homes that are built on-site.
They are actually factory-built homes and are also popular as system-built in property and construction market. Again, there is a good difference between modular and manufactured homes. Manufactured homes do not get to be mounted on permanent foundation and are flexible enough to move from one place to another depending on the freedom allotted by government laws and regulations.
Here Are All The Facts, Insight And Meaning Of Prefab Homes You Can Digest
Difference between modular homes and traditional homes
- When it comes to time boundaries, modular homes surprisingly take a less amount of time while being prepared indoors unlike regular on-site homes that can take months before they are completely ready to live.
- Another difference could be the immunity gained against weather conditions. Modular or prefab homes would not have to go through the same on-site delays caused by tough weather conditions.
- Building rules, guidelines and codes followed in case of modular homes installation and construction are different from traditional on-site homes.
- There is also significant difference between different types of prefab homes. A little bit of wisdom and research could be of great value while shopping for the best factory-built homes. This type of homes also differ in their quality, service standards and prices.
Real-time facts diary about prefab homes
- They can be customized to fit your special needs
- They have the same property value as on-site homes
- Companies that build modular homes have CAD design engineers to create computer-aided structure
- They offer amazing flexibility in design styles, sizes and appearance
- They can also be transformed to function as commercial office buildings
- They are real legalized property with real value
- They can be designed as basement structure
- They represent and promote the idea of green building
- They can be built in as little as a few good weeks
- Prefab homes have same home loans as on-site traditional homes
- Taxes and insurance policies for modular structures are same as on site-built homes
- They offer same convenience and luxury as found in traditional settings
The making of modular homes
Built in weather-resistant area under superior examination, factory built homes go through sectional process. All the sections, when finished, are moved to the building site where they are to be assembled. When the whole structure is ready, you can move it and place it on its real foundations.
Define your dream house
Before you start out building prefab homes, it is important to plan in advance for what you want to enjoy inside. That is why you need to share your opinions and questions with modular home builder on personalized features that you desire. Some of these feature might be countertops, flooring, cabinet styles, bathrooms, plumbing accessories and essential lifestyle amenities.
How expensive can prefab homes really be?
Even though overall cost of prefab homes depend on the level of complexity and features you are expecting, they can literally save you some bucks. This is mainly because they are built in a factory-like setting in less time. The functionality of all sections are properly inspected in a factory where it is shaped. You will pay fairly for what you get in return.