The concept of backyard cabins & bungalows have now taken a front seat for designers and homeowners. If you are a freelancer or if you have your own small business, then you can design your backyard cabin and bungalows. In this way, you can easily run your business and you can meet your clients in your private cabin. Apart from that, you can also use the backyard bungalows as guest house and you can also renting out the rooms of the bungalows to earn some hard cash.
Ideas for Creating Backyard Cabins & Bungalows
1. A work studio – Transform your backyard cabin into a work studio for when you need a little space for work. Create your backyard cabin with good quality wood, and add in a sliding glass door. You can also consider going for a prefabricated cabin to install in your backyard, if you do not want to spend the time and build the cabin with DIY methods.
2. Futuristic shack – Need a home away from home? Create a little shack in your backyard where you can put in all your favourites- few books, music CD’s and your favourite video games. This mini backyard bungalow can be used as a retreat when you need those few moments of solitude. You can build this cabin on your own as a Do It Yourself project, using old, recycled materials to give your cabin a futuristic, modern look. But if you want to make some backyard cabin and bungalows then you need professional help and they can only design the same with proper layout. Even they can also assist you to get approval from the local municipal authority.
3. Log homes – Log homes are a pretty popular choice of designs for a secondary living space in the backyard. You can use professional help to construct your backyard cabin with logs, or you could opt for a prefab log home. Depending on the time you have on your hands and your budget, pick a log home that suits your needs best. You can keep the interior simple with nothing but a couch or a bean bag for sitting.
4. Classic cabin – Install some modular panels into your cabin. Create your little space to be as energy efficient as possible. Add some additional features like an indoor bathroom, a patio, some furniture, etc. This backyard cabin can be the perfect little guest house for surprise visits of friends, relatives or even your grown-up children or teenagers. To save your power consumption bill, you can also install some solar panels on these cabins and they will generate additional power for your cabin and bungalows.
5. A mini beach house – You can create a mini beach pad in your backyard within 2 to 5 days. These mini bungalows are available for sale in a home kit form. You can either go on a DIY project yourself, building your mini beach pad by hand, or use professional help to get it set up in no time. With clear windows on both sides, enjoy sunbathing, or just relaxing and reading a book in your mini beach pad in your own backyard.
6. A furnished backyard bungalow – Create a mini version of your dream bungalow in your backyard. Furnish it with all the necessary things such as furniture, a small TV, and a kitchen and bathroom. Spend some quality time alone or with a partner in your backyard bungalow whenever you need a little break away from your regular work.
These backyard cabins & bungalows ideas can be easily incorporated into your own property to create a beautiful, aesthetic and fully functional secondary living space for you.